Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2014
We believe in the universal language of cinema and in the power of independent film.
The increasing popularity and feasibility of low-budget films over the last 15 years has led to a vast increase in the number of filmmakers making independently a very personal cinema. In this time, European film in general and Greek film in particular are burgeoning, breaking the barriers of cinematic conventions, fostering new generations of artists who are restlessly seeking to express their unprecedented experiences.
Project Discovery Forum is a pioneer in the promotion of international independent film development & production in Los Angeles. Its aim is not only to promote and nurture great projects with a European flavor coming out of Greece and the Balkans, but also to encourage a lively exchange of international and American cinema.
We provide a platform on which aspirational, creative and productive collaborations between the two worlds are encouraged and made possible.
YOU SHOULD SUBMIT IF YOU
- …are working on an independent fiction feature film of minimum estimated length of 70 minutes
- … are in any stage of development/ pre-production
- … have a full treatment or full script in place
- … think your project has potential for international interest or co-productions
We are looking for feature film projects by
- …filmmakers born or living in one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, FYROM, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Romania, Slovenia
- …OR international filmmakers whose project has potential for co-production with one of the countries listed above
- …OR filmmakers of Balkan/ Greek- descent living anywhere in the world
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF THE SUBMITTING FILMMAKERS:
- • Filled-out Submission Form
- • One sentence logline
- • One paragraph synopsis (120 words)
- • One to two-page long synopsis
- • 8-12 pages treatment OR complete screenplay
- • Submission fee: $25 (per project) (follow link underneath)
- • Bio of the director, producer, writer and any other crew/ cast attached
- • Director’s statement
- • Link to previous work
- • Look-book
- • One to two-page production and finance information (including any attached cast & crew, locations, overall budget and financing plan, as well as distribution plans)
IMPORTANT: all submissions need to be in English and all the material should be sent as one document (.pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The LAGFF PROJECT DISCOVERY FORUM will be presented as an industry program within the timeframe of LAGFF 2014, June 4-8, at the Egyptian Theatre, Los Angeles.
The Forum consists of the presentation of 5 -10 feature film projects, selected by the LAGFF programming team, to invited industry professionals such as producers, financiers, distributors, executives, development professionals, as well as accomplished creative professionals. The professional panelists will critically respond to each project’s 10-minute, in-person presentation by the filmmakers themselves. The responses will include active participation from both panelists and filmmakers in the form of question/ answer. After the presentations, the panelists will have one-to-one meetings with the filmmakers to give further feedback and discuss production strategies.
The winner project of the Aegean Award will be announced at the Closing Night Ceremony.
The winner project will receive the following:
- The Aegean Award.
- Official merit acknowledgement by LAGFF to be presented on the LAGFF media (website, newsletter, press release, social media).
- (For qualifying European projects only) One guaranteed acceptance and free participation at the 2015 MEDITERRANEAN FILM INSTITUTE Workshop. (http://www.mfi.gr) *Note: Free participation includes entrance to the program, meals and accommodation but not travel expenses.
If the project is made into a film, the filmmakers must include LAGFF’s and the Forum Sponsor logo (Pabst Brewing company and the Metropoulos Family) in the film’s credits and acknowledge LAGFF’s and the respective Sponsor’s contribution.
LAGFF will cover part of the travel expenses and offer accommodation arrangements through its Help-A-Filmmaker program.
The filmmakers will be notified by the end of April.