Aris, despairing and desperate, attempts to leave Greece on a barely sea-worthy boat. After being rescued from drowning by the Coast Guard, he now returns as a foreigner in his own ruined country. There he experiences every kind of transgression as an outcast of the system. He steals; he becomes a slave and kills. He tries to survive off the grid. Is this the story of a modern Ulysses or the nightmare of the 21st Century everyman?
Vassilis Mazomenos is a Greek director, writer and producer, as well as a member of both the European Film Academy and the Greek Film Academy. Founder and director of Horme pictures, he is the director of nine feature films and the producer of forty shorts. His films have been presented and awarded in many international festivals.
* 2019, Thessaloniki IFF (two nominations)
* 2019, Panorama of European Cinema IFF (award)
* 2020, Fantasporto IFF
* 2020, London Greek IFF (award)
* 2020, SEE IFF Paris
* 2020, ATHENS MARATHON IFF (award)
* 2020, Ierapetra IFF (awards)
* 2020, Cinefantasy IFF Brazil