2017 LAGFF CALL FOR ENTRIES
Filmmakers are invited to submit their features, documentaries and shorts for consideration to the 2017 Los Angeles Greek Film Festival (11th LAGFF), to be held June 7 – 11, 2017 in Los Angeles, at the Egyptian Theater, Hollywood.
Eligible films include works by Greek filmmakers and filmmakers of Greek descent worldwide; films about Greece; Greek and Cypriot productions or co-productions; as well as films by emerging US and local filmmakers with a prevalent Greek theme.
Films by Greek directors, writers, and producers; films by actors in starring roles; co-directors, co-writers and co-producers are also eligible. Must be credited.
2017 LAGFF SUBMISSION DEADLINES – Regular: February 23, 2017 | Late: March 28, 2017
– All non-English films must have English subtitles.
– Electronic submissions and Online Screeners are encouraged. Please submit uploaded film links to: firstname.lastname@example.org including userid and password as applicable. Commercial transfer sites, such as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, yousendit.com, may also be used. Make sure that you include the title in the submitting email.
– More than one film may be submitted, but each must be submitted on a separate electronic submission or DVD (NTSC or PAL region free) screener and accompanied by separate submission form, entry fee, and printed payment receipt.
– DVD screener submissions should be clearly marked, including the film title (in English,) running time, format and contact information. Please indicate the country of origin. Avoid sticker labels on the DVDs.
– Submission DVDs will not be returned.
– Entry fee is non-refundable and required at the time of submission. – – Please pay the entry fee by PayPal or through Withoutabox.com. Do not send cash or check.
– Feature, documentary and short film submissions must have been completed within three years prior to June 2017 (no earlier than January 2014).
– Films submitted to LAGFF 2017 which were not accepted, provided they were completed no earlier than January 2014, may be resubmitted. New entry fee and completed submission form are required.
– It is strongly recommended that films submitted have a film trailer posted online. Films accepted into the festival must have trailer posted on-line. The trailer must have English subtitles.
Feature film: 60 min and over
Documentary film: any duration
Short film: under 60 min
Student short film showcase: Under 30 min
Best Fiction Feature Film,
Best Documentary Film,
Best Short Film,
Special Jury Award
Feature film (60 minutes or over), documentary film (any duration): REGULAR/LATE: $45/$50 by February 23/March 14, 2017 – STUDENT RATE: $25 by March 14, 2017
Short film (less than 60 min) and short documentary film (less than 45 min): REGULAR/LATE: $35 by February 23/March 14, 2017 – STUDENT RATE: $20 by March 14, 2017
TWO WAYS OF SUBMITTING
1) Without a Box (WAB) submission
a. WAB Application
b. Submit Screeners as described above (electronic or DVD)
c. Pay fees on WAB website
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.
2) LAGFF website submission