14th Los Angeles Greek Film Festival
October 1-15, 2020
Feature, documentary and short film submissions must have been completed within three years prior to April 2020 (no earlier than January 2017).
Films must have been completed in 2017 or later, and not had a public screening in Los Angeles prior to the festival. For short films, an LA Premiere status is strongly preferred, but not required.
Eligible films include:
- Films by Greek filmmakers and filmmakers of Greek descent worldwide (directors, writers, producers; actors in starring roles, co-directors, co-writers and co-producers are also eligible. Must be credited).
- Films about Greece
- Greek and Cypriot productions or co-productions
- Films by emerging US and local filmmakers with a prevalent Greek theme
- Films by Greek directors, writers, and producers
LAGFF 2020 submissions are NOW OPEN.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles.
- Electronic submissions and Online Screeners are encouraged. Please submit VIMEO uploaded film links to: firstname.lastname@example.org including userid and password as applicable. Commercial transfer sites, such as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, yousendit.com, may also be used. Make sure that you include the title in the submitting email.
- More than one film may be submitted, but each must be submitted on a separate electronic submission or Blu-Ray or DVD (NTSC or PAL region free) screener and accompanied by separate submission form, entry fee, and printed payment receipt.
- BD/DVD screener submissions should be clearly marked, including the film title (in English,) running time, format and contact information. Please indicate the country of origin. Avoid sticker labels on the BDs/DVDs.
- Submission BDs/DVDs will not be returned.
- Entry fee is non-refundable and required at the time of submission.
- Films submitted to LAGFF 2019 which were not accepted, provided they were completed no earlier than January 2017, may be resubmitted. New entry fee and completed submission form are required.
- It is strongly recommended that films submitted have a film trailer posted online. Films accepted into the festival must have trailer posted online. The trailer must have English subtitles.
- Feature film: 60 min and over
- Documentary film: any duration
- Short film: under 60 min
- Animation Film: any duration
- Student short film showcase: Under 30 min
- Best Fiction Feature Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Animation Film
- Best Directing for Feature Film or Documentary
- Best Actor/Actress Award
- Audience Choice Award
- Special Jury Award (may be awarded upon the discretion of the Jury)
See film submission platform below.
Film Freeway (FF) submission
a. FF application
b. Submit screeners via weblinks
c. Pay fees on FF website
For inquiries, please write to: email@example.com
“My participation opened a new world of experiences, collaborations and friendships with some of the most important and interesting people in the film industry.”
Kimon Tsakiris, director of SUGARTOWN: THE BRIDEGROOMS (LAGFF 2007), SUGARTOWN: THE DAY AFTER (LAGFF 2010)