Once more the town faces a severe water shortage. The chosen one gets prepared for his journey to the cistern, a place that no resident has seen; a place that no emissary has ever returned from. Following the established order, a farewell reception has been organized before the departure.
* 2019 International Film Festival of Larissa – Special Mention for Art Direction
Tasos, an ex-convict, is feeling responsible for his friend’s accident at their workplace, a slaughterhouse. Kiki, a waitress at the local tavern falls once again victim to sexual harassment. When they both find themselves under extreme pressure, the eruption is unavoidable and the consequences are imminent.
* 2019 Iris Awards – Nomination for Best Short Film
* 2018 Drama ISFF – Best Short Film, Honorary Distinction Best Screenplay, Best Photography, Best Actor, Best Sets; FT&ATU Award of technical excellence
Director/Writer: Efthimis Miheloudakis Producer: Mina Dreki Cast: Sofia Kokkali, Haris Fragoulis
It’s the ‘60s and Sporos has a date with Molly his “6 to 8 girl” from the wild teenage years. Their meeting will bring about lost dreams and unfulfilled desires. A bittersweet farewell to a relationship and an era.
Greece, 2018, 6 min, West Coast Premiere, Animation
Director: Ioanna Tsinividi Writer: Spiros Gratsias Producer: Harold Herbert
Agastrophos marble figure focused on the upside-down beetle; its legs and arms grasping the air trying to flip over. If he could simply give it a helping flick; it would INVERSE its destiny giving it another chance at life.
* 2018 Black Maria Film Festival, New Jersey – Editors Choice
Director: Aliki Theofilopoulos Writer: Brendan Hay, Emily Brundige Producer: Aliki Theofilopoulos, Brendan Hay Cast: Lauren Lapkus, Kelly McCreary, Danny Pudi, Stephanie Lemelin
When Audrey, Lotta and Dot’s biggest frenemies, “The Bloogey Boys” exclude pal “Tiny” from their treehouse because he’s “too small,” Audrey leads the Harvey Girls in an all-out war against the boys. But is it to correct Tiny’s injustice, or her own?
Director/Writer: Karina Logothetis Producer: Blonde Audiovisual Productions Cast: Andreas Iosif Sideris, Kostas Laskos, Nikolakis Zegkinoglou, Fani Kalogirou Valti, Elli Anastasiou, Andreas Mitsioulis
“Where does the sun go when it gets dark? Why is the chicken’s egg so important to humans? Why doesn’t my brother take me with him when he goes caroling with Claire? Who is this mister Al Jaimer who follows my grandfather everywhere?” Six-year-old Markos is determined to find solutions while, unexpectedly, the magical tale called the circle of life unravels before his eyes.
* 2019 Iris Awards of the Hellenic Film Academy – Nomination
* 2019 Aswan International Women Film Festival
* 2018 Olympia IFF For Children & Young People – Best Short Fiction Film
* 2018 Drama International Short Film Festival – Best Original Score – Best Costume Design
* 2018 Athens International Film Festival – Special Mention
Director/Writer: Jacqueline Lentzou Producer:Fenia Cossovitsa Cast: Sofia Kokkali
New Year’s eve dawns in a moon-kissed car, and Sofia has a dream that she tells no-one: while walking on a desert, she gets to know that she is sick. She pretends she does not care. Has she lost her heart?
* 2019 Hellenic Film Academy – Best Short Film Award
* 2018 Cannes – Semaine de la Critique
* 2018 Drama I Short FF – Silver Dionysos Award
* 2018 Athens International Film Festival – Best Film & Best Female Performance Award
Greece, 2017. The lack of financial support of Aris (who suffers from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis / ALS) urges his wife Persephone to get confronted with human existential limits. “How many years does it really take to finally reach «home»?”
Yanni’s mum is on her way to audition for a role as Shakespeare’s Viola when she discovers that her son has been left home alone. Through a series of phone calls, she fights to balance the most important roles of her life, whilst walking in the most controversial area of central Athens: Patision Avenue.
* 2019 Clermont Ferrand ISFF – Canal + prize, Special Jury Prize, Nomination for EFA
* 2019 Euregion Film Festival – Jury Prize
* 2018 Venice IFF
* 2018 Hollywood FF – Best World Short
* 2018 Bosphorus IFF – Best International Short Fiction Film
Director: Antony Petrou Writer/Producer: Chris Dundon-Smith Cast: Joseph Mawle, Sienna Guillory, James Hyland, Hanna Saxby
Beth lives a quiet rural life with her parents, on their secluded family farm. When her fragile mother begins to hear a mystery sound that nobody else can hear, Beth becomes obsessed with finding and stopping the mystery of the strange sound.
* 2018 International Short FF of Cyprus – Directing Achievement Award
* 2018 Short FF in Drama – Best Sound Design Award
* 2018 Fantaspoa – Best International Live Action Short Film
* 2018 Zsigmond Film Fest – Zsigmond Vilmos Award for Best Cinematography
* 2018 Signes de Nuit – Night Award, Special Mention
Director/Writer: Harry Ayiotis Producer: Louis Patsias Cast: Niovi Charalambous, Marios Mettis, Skevi Papamiltiadous
A mentally ill Melanie is determined to end her life whilst staying in a desolate hotel. A woman’s cry for help from the room next door prompts Melanie to pause her suicide plan and investigate the disturbance.
* 2019 St Petersburg IFF – Best Actress, Best Thriller, Best DP, Best Screenplay
* 2018 Drama International Short FF – Special Mention for Best Female Performance
* 2018 International Short FF of Cyprus – Best Cinematography
* 2018 Athens IFF
* 2018 Thessaloniki International Short Film Festival – Cinematic Achievement Award