15th Los Angeles Greek Film Festival
May 10-30, 2021
Feature, documentary and short film submissions must have been completed within three years prior to April 2021.
Films must have been completed in 2018 or later, and not had a public screening in Los Angeles prior to the festival. For short films, an LA Premiere status is strongly preferred, but not required.
Eligible films include:
- Films by Greek filmmakers and filmmakers of Greek descent worldwide (directors, writers, producers; actors in starring roles, co-directors, co-writers, and co-producers are also eligible. Must be credited).
- Films about Greece
- Greek and Cypriot productions or co-productions
- Films by emerging US and local filmmakers with a prevalent Greek theme
- Films by Greek directors, writers, and producers
LAGFF 2021 submissions are OPEN.
- All non-English films must have English subtitles.
- Submissions through FilmFreeway are encouraged.
- Electronic submissions and Online Screeners are also accepted. Please submit VIMEO uploaded film links to email@example.com including user id and password as applicable. Commercial transfer sites, such as dropbox.com, wetransfer.com, yousendit.com, may also be used. Make sure that you include the title in the submitting email.
- More than one film may be submitted, but each must be submitted on a separate submission form.
- The entry fee is non-refundable and required at the time of submission.
- Films submitted to LAGFF 2020 which were not accepted, provided they were completed no earlier than January 2018, may be resubmitted. A new entry fee and a completed submission form are required.
- It is strongly recommended that films submitted have a film trailer posted online. The trailer must have English subtitles.
- Feature film: 60 min and over
- Documentary film: any duration
- Short film: under 60 min
- Animation Film: any duration
- Student short film showcase: Under 30 min
- Best Fiction Feature Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Animation Film
- Best Directing for Feature Film
- Best Actor/Actress Award
- Audience Choice Award
- Special Jury Award (may be awarded upon the discretion of the Jury)
See the film submission platform below.
Film Freeway (FF) submission
a. FF application
b. Submit screeners via weblinks
c. Pay fees on the FF website
For inquiries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
“My participation opened a new world of experiences, collaborations and friendships with some of the most important and interesting people in the film industry.”
Kimon Tsakiris, director of SUGARTOWN: THE BRIDEGROOMS (LAGFF 2007), SUGARTOWN: THE DAY AFTER (LAGFF 2010)